Mission Trip | South Africa
October 19th - October 29th, 2018
We are excited to partner with Impact Africa in Johannesburg, South Africa, to impact the lives of some of South Africa’s poorest through hands-on ministry experiences. We will be serving on the front lines of missions in many practical ways such as: House-to-House Ministry, Children’s Programs, Youth Ministry Service Projects, Primary and High School Programs, and Humanitarian Relief*.
Throughout the week we will be taking part in what the long-term Impact Africa missionaries are doing year-round. Having the opportunity to see God’s creation, learn new traditions and culture, hear the stories of His children, and share your own story will be an unforgettable, heart-changing experience!
If accepted on the team, attendance to pre-trip trainings and team building and post-trip debriefing will be required by all team members. Training prior to the trip and on-site will be provided to prepare and equip our team to effectively share the Gospel. Meeting dates to be announced.
*Activities and ministry will be defined in greater detail as trip date approaches.
The cost is estimated at $3200 per person. Opendoor Church does not assume financial responsibility for any trip nor sponsor fundraising. Trip cost is estimated based on airfare and is subject to change if there are any major fluctuations in the exchange rate.
Additional Trip Expenses
- Passport fees
- Immunizations and medications recommended by your doctor
- Personal Expenses for clothing, necessities, etc.
- International Health insurance (Required by Impact Africa)
We will be staying in one of three main facilities used by Impact Africa for a number of years. All facilities are located in the Gauteng province. None of the locations have heat of any kind, but hot water is available at all locations, along with normal beds, showers and toilets.
Payment Deadlines (upon accepted application)
- June 30: $500
- July 15: $900
- August 12: $900
- September 9: $900 or remaining balance based on actual cost of airfare. Amount is approximate and depends on best time to purchase airfare.
- Application must be submitted by June 30.
- Complete all four steps of Growth Track by August 26.
- Valid Passport with at least 2 blank visa pages and valid through March 31, 2019.
- Successful background check; the nature of our work in South Africa is with minors.
- Successful face-to-face interview.
- Please include a current photo of yourself (no selfies, please!).
- Minimum age of applicants: 15 years old.